Lower Island Soccer Association is pleased to provide four (4) $1000.00 scholarships annually to individuals who go above and beyond for the game of soccer!
Recipients of the scholarships will be determined through LISA’s evaluation of the following eligibility and application rules.
1) Applicants must have played three (3) or more years with an affiliated LISA team and/or must be currently participating within LISA in a specific capacity. Priority is given to individuals currently playing youth soccer
but is involvement in playing soccer, but participation may also be as a coach, official or volunteer.
2) Applicants must demonstrate a focus on scholastic excellence. At a minimum, an applicant must have
demonstrated marks for the current year with a minimum of a “C” average.
3) Applicants must provide examples of community involvement. An applicant must have demonstrated good citizenship, character and leadership within the community.
4) Applicants must be either:
a) Proceeding from Grade 12 to any University or other post-secondary institution approved by LISA’s
Scholarship Committee; or
b) Already attending post-secondary institution but be under 19 years of age as of December 31 of the
current year and are not already in receipt of a LISA scholarship; or
c) Will be attending a post-secondary institution by September 30th of the following year.
NOTE: Scholarships are conditional in that funds will be withheld until such time as the recipient provides proof that he/she is enrolled in a post-secondary institution authorized or accredited by the Ministry of Advanced Education, Innovation and Technology. Scholarship funds will be held for the recipient until September 30th of the year following the date of the award; after that time has elapsed the award will be forfeited.
1) The application must be received by April 30 of the current year.
2) The application must be accompanied by three (3) letters of reference including at least one from the
applicant’s club or district personnel outlining the applicant’s specific attributes as a player, official or
volunteer, their involvement in the community and how they demonstrate good citizenship, character
Failure to meet these requirements will render the application ineligible.
BC Soccer Association also provides annual scholarship opportunities for graduating players:
For over 15 years, BC Soccer along with its generous donors, are proud to support graduating students within BC Soccer’s membership who are seeking to continue their studies in post-secondary institutions. As much as we enjoy seeing young people chase their scholastic ambitions, we hope that our high school graduates remain in the game, and become the next generation of coaches, referees, board members and of course, adult players! Good luck in your BC Soccer Scholarship Application. Details and links provided below.
BCSA is accepting applications now: https://www.bcsoccer.net/awards-scholarships