The Vancouver Island Wave program is the Island’s highest level of youth soccer participating in the BC Soccer Premier League. Since September 2020 the VI Wave program has been administered by Pacific FC.
For more information on the VI Wave please see: Vancouver Island Wave Program
Please contact Pacific FC directly for all inquiries regarding the VI Wave Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
The BC Premier League has its own website
What is the BC Soccer Premier League (BCSPL) and why should my son or daughter play in this league?
It is the goal of BC Soccer to continue to be committed to a comprehensive approach to improve player development in British Columbia, ultimately, to make Canada a stronger soccer nation. Part of the broad-based plan was the establishment of a two stream development process for the game. Those streams are known as grassroots and high performance. BCSPL, the high performance stream, started play in the fall of 2011. See www.bcsoccer.net for more information.
A key component of this process was the creation and development of a High Performance League in BC. This league is known as the EA Sports BC Soccer Premier League (BCSPL) and will deliver on the following key development initiatives;
- Supports CSA’s “PLAYER FIRST” mentality and its Long Term Player Development strategy.
- Harmonizes all high performance levels of programming
- Eliminates congestion and provides greater clarity for all stakeholders
- Works within existing and supporting structures
- Drives improvements to all aspects of high performance soccer
The Vancouver Island Wave play in the BC Soccer Premier League (BCSPL). The BCSPL provides an elevated level of competition for high performance players in BC; contributes to player development for the Canadian National Team; and is the recognized pathway for players to be identified for BC Soccer’s High Performance Program, Canadian Universities, US Colleges and professional play with the Vancouver Whitecaps FC.
What is the goal of the BCSPL?
It is the goal of BC Soccer to continue to be committed to a comprehensive approach to improve player development in British Columbia, ultimately, to make Canada a stronger soccer nation. Part of the broad-based plan was the establishment of a two stream development process for the game. Those streams are known as grassroots and high performance. See www.bcsoccer.net for more information.
What are some of the developmental benefits for players in the BCSPL?
The EA Sports BC Soccer Premier League is built on the following guiding core principals of development:
- To allow players to further develop their skills in an environment, this includes other technically advanced players playing within a competitive demanding atmosphere
- To enhance the technical and tactical components of the players game through extensive on and off field training and education.
- To provide players with access to certified and experienced and professional levels of coaching.
- To provide the players specific guidance in areas of nutrition, mental prep, physical fitness and post-secondary education.
- To provide players leadership and information on life skills and promote the importance of commitment to excellence and citizenship.
- To provide a healthy and safe training environment to ensure responsible and suitable development of the player.