LISA is proud to support the World Cups Youth Soccer Festival again this year.
- U5 teams play 3-a-side games (No Goalkeepers)
- U6/7 all teams play 4-a-side games (No Goalkeepers)
- U8/9 all teams play 5-aside games
- U10-18 all teams play 6-a-side games
- Each team plays 4 games
- Field size varies by age division
- Coaches cooperate to ensure both teams and all players find success. If there is a lack of competitive balance between the teams, the coaches have the autonomy to change the game format slightly to ensure there is better balance and success to all.
THE FESTIVAL’S PRIMARY PURPOSE – TO HAVE FUN & MAKE NEW FRIENDS!!
WANT to VOLUNTEER? – REGISTER HERE
WANT to COACH A TEAM? – REGISTER HERE
Our festival relies on volunteerism. Each team needs a manager or coach. Please consider being a coach/manager. Significant coaching experience is not required. Elder siblings are more than welcome to coach. A manager/coach is responsible for the following:
- Distributing juice boxes
- Positive encouragement and managing equal playing time
- Informing players of the team’s festival schedule
If you are interested please fill out an online registration ASAP – CLICK HERE.
Please register players ASAP. A delay will result in players being placed on a wait list and possibly not finding space in the tournament. The popularity and unique nature of World Cups mean that the number of entries determines:
- The number and composition of the teams to be formed.
- The schedule for the 2-day tournament which involves over 100 games.
- Team lists, schedules and coaching information will be emailed to all players.
- Low registration in any age group means that divisions may be combined in a two year age grouping to form a division.
- There is no guarantee of space in the festival for any entries as there are a limited number of spaces in each division.
- Players on the wait list will be placed on teams as space becomes available.
- Team managers will distribute T-shirts and programs at the Opening Ceremonies.
- Friday, April 7th, 2022 at 9.30 am
- Teams meet their coaches at the field from 9am on and then assemble behind their national team flag bearer.
- The festival will commence after a sky-diver delivers the game ball and a few short speeches.